Robert D. Brehm
Education: M.A. University of Nebraska 1965
Educational Psychology and
Guidance and Counseling
B.A. University of Nebraska 1963
Minor in Russian and English
Post Graduate University of Oregon 1967
Family Counseling University of California 1969
Group Process University of Oregon 1983
Washington State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor
National Certified Counselor
Certification American Board of Examiners Psychodrama
Retired Tenured Faculty Green River Community College
1969-2012 Green River Community College
1980-to-date Private Therapist
1984-88 Adjunct Faculty
Eastern Washington University
Instructor and Practicum Coordinator
Mc Chord Air Force Base, Tacoma, WA.
1967-69 Clark College
Assistant Director of Evening Program
Instructor of German
1966-67 Oregon State University
1964-66 Barstow Junior College
Instructor of German
1964-66 Barstow Union High School
Instructor of English, German, Russian
I. Areas of Expertise
Provide counseling for individuals in personal, vocational, educational, marital, family and relationships. Specialize in group counseling and psychotherapy, cognitive-learning, behavioral, and social behavioral systems theory with special training in Client-Centered, Gestalt, Psychodrama, and Adlerian Family Therapy.
Specialize in Stress Management, Career Exploration, and Interpersonal Relations. Teaching and Supervision of Graduate Students in Counseling and Education Program with special skill in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy.
Supervisory experience for graduate interns in counseling at University of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Pacific Lutheran University, and Evergreen State College. Served on graduate committee for graduate students at Antioch University in Seattle.
Advisory and committee function to Department of Education in State of Washington to develop and prepare General Educational Development Testing Guidelines. Supervising and training psychologists in group psychotherapy at Western State Hospital specializing in Sociometry and Psychodrama. Training of therapists at St Frances' Homes for Boys and Girls in Kansas and New York.
Coordinator of residence hall counseling and Assistant for Dean of Students with Faculty rank at Oregon State University, at Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrator of curriculum and instruction in Continuing Education at Clark Community College, Vancouver Washington. Presently President of United Faculty Coalition at Green River Community College.
Co-Founder and Past President of Washington Community College Counselor Association.
II. Professional Experience
- Counselor at Green River Community College for twenty two years and twenty six years held full time teaching appointment in Behavioral Science specializing in Stress Management, Career Exploration, and Interpersonal Relations. Developed classes in Conflict Resolution, Psychodrama, Values and Decision Making, and College Experience.
- Co-Founder and Co-Director of Human Relations and Wellness Center in Kent, Washington with special expertise in Biofeedback and Stress Management. Serve as a consultant to business and government in Time and Stress Management.
- Past President of United Faculty Coalition President at Green River Community College.
- Past faculty member at Oregon State University at Corvallis, Oregon and an adjunct faculty member at Eastern Washington University at Cheney, Washington and served as instructor and Practicum coordinator for graduates in counseling.
- Assistant Director of Evening Progam and Counselor at Clark College
- Former instructor at Barstow Junior College and Barstow Union High School District teaching German, Russian, and English.
III. Formal Education
- Post-Graduate Study. Family Therapy at the University of Oregon, Eugene Oregon
- Post-Graduate Study in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy, from the International Foundation for Human Relations in Amsterdam, Holland . Received Certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama.
- Post-Graduate Study in Sociometry in Group Process at the University of San Diego.
- Post-Graduate Study in Gestalt Therapy at the University of California. (Summer Session held at the Free University of Skyum, Denmark.
- Post-Graduate Study in Adlerian Family Counseling at the University of Oregon.
- Master of Arts, Educational Psychology with major emphasis in Guidance and Counseling and minor in History and Philosophical of American Education.
- Bachelor of Arts, with major in German and minor in Russian and English.
- Certification by American Board of Examiners in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy.
- Certification by International Foundation for Human Relations in Psychodrama.
- Stress Management and Time Management Certification from the Institute for Personality and Ability Testing.
- Washington State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
- National Certification as Counselor.